Item 1. Poem
A Dream Come True
Feelings that once were hidden
Are now expressed to you.
Days that once were stormy
Are now the brightest blue.
Times that once were lonely
Are now filled with pleasure.
All that once was mine alone
Are now things we both treasure.
Nights that once were cold
Are now comforting and warm.
Fears that once were very real
Are now gone with the storm.
A heart that once was broken
Can now finally mend.
A person once alone in life
Can now call you a friend.
Dreams that once were longed for
Are now all coming true.
The love I once thought was gone
I have now and forever in you.
- Parallelism: feelings that once were hidden – and now expressed to you // days that once were stormy – and now the brightest blue,etc.
- Rhyme: you – blue, pleasure – treasure, warm – storm, mend – friend, true – you.
- Paradox: hidden – expressed, lonely – filled, cold – comforting and warm, real – gone, broken – mend, alone – call a friend, longed for – coming true, gone – have now and forever…
- Repitition: that once, are now.
- Metaphor: feelings, time, days fears, dreams, love, heart refer to life
Life is better when you know how to live more optimisticly and believe in yourself. To be active and confident, express your feelings,, you will reach to happiness and make your dreams become true – it’s love.
Item 2. Story
Love and time
Once upon a time, there was an island where all the feelings lived: Happiness, Sadness, Knowledge, and all of the others, including Love. One day it was announced to the feelings that the island would sink, so all constructed boats and left. Except for Love.
Love was the only one who stayed. Love wanted to hold out until the last possible moment.
When the island had almost sunk, Love decided to ask for help.
Richness was passing by Love in a grand boat. Love said,
“Richness, can you take me with you?”
Richness answered, “No, I can’t. There is a lot of gold and silver in my boat. There is no place here for you.”
Love decided to ask Vanity who was also passing by in a beautiful vessel. “Vanity, please help me!”
“I can’t help you, Love. You are all wet and might damage my boat,” Vanity answered.
Sadness was close by so Love asked, “Sadness, let me go with you.”
“Oh . . . Love, I am so sad that I need to be by myself!”
Happiness passed by Love, too, but she was so happy that she did not even hear when Love called her.
Suddenly, there was a voice, “Come, Love, I will take you.” It was an elder. So blessed and overjoyed, Love even forgot to ask the elder where they were going. When they arrived at dry land, the elder went her own way. Realizing how much was owed the elder,
Love asked Knowledge, another elder, “Who Helped me?”
“It was Time,” Knowledge answered.
“Time?” asked Love. “But why did Time help me?”
Knowledge smiled with deep wisdom and answered, “Because only Time is capable of understanding how valuable Love is.”
- Metaphor: Love(the person who is loving), Time(the person who is helpful), Knowledge(the person who has a knowledge), Happiness(the person who is happy), Sadness(the person who is sad), Richness(the rich)
Love need time to find out and share, understand, and get married or even divorce. To catch up with true love, time has an important role. Time helps love settle down, prove what true love is. “only Time is capable of understanding how valuable love is”.
Item 3. Cartoon
- Repetition: “change”
- Pun: the noun “change” becomes the verb “change” to make the speech in television humorous and mean that “you like the change and I will change”(I change the channel)
There is a change happening inAmerica. However, citizens inAmericadon’t care about that change. Maybe they don’t like that change and gradually take less care about politics. This might prove contradiction between people and government.