THỨ HAI, NGÀY 19 THÁNG CHÍN NĂM 2011
Entry 1_ Nguyễn Thị Thu Huyền
Item 1: Poem
A Special World
A special world for you and me
A special bond one cannot see
It wraps us up in its cocoon
And holds us fiercely in its womb.
Its fingers spread like fine spun gold
Gently nestling us to the fold
Like silken thread it holds us fast
Bonds like this are meant to last.
And though at times a thread may break
A new one forms in its wake
To bind us closer and keep us strong
In a special world, where we belong.
- Repetition: a special world.
- Rhyme: me – see, gold – fold, fast – last, break – wake…
- Simile: fingers – fine spun gold…
- Metaphor: a special world (someone’s love and tolerance), cocoon (security), womb (heart, love).
The love and tolerance of human beings are very great and endless. It is able to warm lonely and weak hearts; moreover it also gives us strength.
Item 2: Short story
When I was driving home from work one day, I stopped to watch a local little League baseball game that was being played in a park near my home. As I sat down behind the bench on the fist baseline. I asked one of the boys what the score was.
“We’re behind 14 to nothing” he asked with a smile. “Really I said. “I have to say you don’t look very discouraged.”
Discouraged? The boy asked with a puzzled look on his face. “Why should we be discouraged? We haven’t been up to bat yet.”
- Metaphor: a local little League baseball game is the difficulties and challenges in our life
There are a lot of difficulties and challenges in the life which we have to dealt with every day, but never give up, be optimistic and enjoy your life.
Item 3: Picture
- Metaphor: soil (difficulties, fierce life environment, hardship, challenge …), tree (people), flowers (result, success).
- Irony: arid soil- beautiful flowers.
In spite of in arid gravelly soil, there is a still tree in blossom and life is too. It always has challenges, difficulties but strong – will people will overcome and achieve great success.